The great and mighty Dobyns-Bennett Indian baseball team once again comes up short in their quest for a big old trophy.
The great and mighty Dobyns-Bennett Indian baseball team once again comes up short in their quest for a big old trophy.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
Yeah, guess all those lofty polls as well as national ranking don't seem like too much right now.
"We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism until they suddenly awake to find they have Communism."
- Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev, 1959
Welcome to the USSA!
That catcher had 20 bombs this year, unless I am mistaken.
Nothing but the process is infinite
Eternal, endless, indefinite
I normally pull for Science Hill (dunno why) but DB had a legit squad this year. Baseball is a funny sport, seriously there is no way a state championship baseball tournament should be a single elimination deal.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
If Im not mistaken, North Carolina play a 3 game series, I know Coach Bishop who was my coach at Pound has won 1 and lost 1 as an Asst. @ West Alamance I believe.
Nothing but the process is infinite
Eternal, endless, indefinite
the coach at db was legit back in the day.
all american at lmu, and drafted by the reds as a catcher, if not for knee problems (I have heard) would have beaten out number 5.
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]
VHSL is screwed up period, from alighment to how they play baseball playoffs. I could preach for days, especially about the playoffs. The last time we went to state (PV) the only reason we went was because it was set up like it is, set up properly we'd never made it. We just pitched Brad Robbins in every elimination game, that same year I'm not sure we could've won 2 out of three from Pound to even get to regionals. I'd much rather watch a best of 3 series of the top 4 teams than let everybody in the baseball tournament. The best team would win more times than not. Which to me is what high school sports is the best team winning.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
Bookmarks